Thursday, January 7, 2010

A New Year!! Time to begin the posts

My first creation of the new year!  One of my dear friends has a birthday fast approaching, so I took the opportunity to play along in My Favorite Things guest design team challenge.  Who could resist with all the new goodies I recieved at Christmas!!   I started with the main image in "Girls Night Out" by MFT.  I used my new embossing folder to emboss my shimmery white paper before using my nestie label die (also new).  I paper pieced and matted with my (yes new) Love Nest paper by My Mind's Eye.  MFT crystals, a frame out of SU's Hodge Podge hardware, button treatment and some eyelets finished it off!  The reds were perfect for my friend; she loves all things red.




I'm still getting used to this blogging thing. It's a miracle I figured out how to add a photo! 


I wanted to make my very first chipboard album.  I have a Bind-It-All, so I might as well use it!  I created this 4x6 black and creme album to hold photos from my wedding.  This will be mailed off to my aunt very soon.  I used designer paper from a DCWV stack called La Creme.  There are so many amazing prints in this stack!





















 One of these days I'll remember to take photos when it's light outside. I haven't quite mastered the art of capturing my work in photos.



I'm already up past my "bedtime" - I guess it's time to say goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment